Thursday, August 26, 2010

All is well in Quito

Howdy howdy everyone

All is well in down here and I figured I would just send one more update out before my parents got here. If you all remember I went to Cuenca a about a month ago and stayed with the family of a friend of mine. Well this past weekend Cati's father Luis and sister Monica were in Quito for a visit. They had planned on stopping by the hotel to surprise me but lost track of time on Friday so it was too late to stop by the hotel and her restaurant is closed during the weekend. Luckily Cati had told Taylor that her family was coming into town and he asked me if they had stopped by. When I said no we were both very confused so we called Cati and she told us what happened but invited us over to her apartment that night. It was so much fun to see Luis and Monica again. We spent a few hours simply sitting around and talking about nothing at all. Luis is kind of like a cartoon character and kept giving Taylor and I different nonsensical nicknames. It was really fun to see them again and I hope to go back and visit them again some day.

Besides that I have been taking spanish classes with a professor and that is starting to pay off. Its good just to have someone to talk to for a few hours a day without other distractions. Now I only have a little over three weeks left and Im ready to do some more traveling in the upcoming week. Hope everyone is having a good summer and Ill update again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment