Friday, July 16, 2010

Getting into a routine...trips in the near future.

While this last week wasn't particularly exciting it did go by very quickly. The first few weeks are always a little crazy trying to settle in but I finally started to get into a rhythm with my schedule. Also, I switched some work shifts around so that I can do some traveling this month. I will be going to one of the smaller, but well preserved historical cities of Ecuador, Cuenca, from the 23-25th of July. I've never traveled alone down here so this should be fun little trip to see the city and crash in hostels. At the end of June, I will also be traveling to Cartagena, Columbia with an American friend of mine that is also living down here. It is a beautiful beach town with a lot of history between fighting off invasions on their city due to its lucrative business to its liberation from Spain.

For now I am just hanging out and watching as much TV in spanish as I can because its a great way to practice. For those of you who are fans of the show LOST, I recently began watching the first season and its pretty intense. Besides watching TV, I plan on hanging out with my host family from last year this weekend and catching up with them. No worries, more exciting posts are to come.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brad, Hope the trip was a success! We can hardley wait to get to Quito to visit with you in August. My spanish is not coming along very well so I am counting on you.

    ReplyDelete